Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#536 - 12/09/1999 10:45 Colo[u]r
Mr Nice Guy
new poster

Loc: UK
Okay, simple question.. what colour screen do I get? :-)

From the pictures, blue looks by far the coolest IMHO.. but I'd still like to hear others opinions on the subject..

--
Mr Nice Guy
[email protected]

#537 - 12/09/1999 11:33 Re: Colo[u]r [Re: Mr Nice Guy]
Kram
stranger

Loc: Cambridge, England
I've used blue and green, and prefer the green because in my opinion it gave better contrast, was slightly brighter, matched the green lights of the dash, and somehow seemed to match the dash plastic colour better.

Having said that, the blue looked very nice too and I wouldn't say there's any problem with it. I just preferred green.

Cheers,

Mark.

#538 - 12/09/1999 23:33 Re: Colo[u]r [Re: Kram]
dane
new poster

Loc: CA, US
I wonder if it's at all possible to switch colors in the future. I'm pretty happy with blue, but if green is brighter, that would be nice.

I'm finding that in daylight, it's a bit hard to see, and virtually impossible if you're wearing sunglasses. At night time, it's a bit too bright, particularly in some display modes. It needs to have a brite/dim option, and to be overall a bit brighter. I doubt this is possible however.

-Dane

#539 - 13/09/1999 20:35 I've got amber and... [Re: dane]
Clarke
journeyman

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ USA
it's O.K. I'm regretting not going with the blue or green. I was hoping that the Amber would be a better match for the BMW Orange of my car's display but I think I was wrong. It's not close enough so going with a different colo(u)r would have been cool.

I'm hoping that they get around to releasing an Orange display that's a close match for my BMW's instruments.

Cheers,

______________________________________ Queue 351, Mk I, 30GB Mk II #60000022 80gb, Blue - docked Mk2a, 80GB, Bruface, lighted buttons and dial